Hello,

when developping puppet modules i'm:

   - providing a test.pp for each puppet class that serves a defined
   parameters set to the class
   - using git to checkout the complete environment (git clone
   ssh://puppetmaster:/etc/puppet/environments/development/modules) into my
   home on a  testserver
   - applying the test class  : sudo puppet apply
--*basemodulepath*=/home/me/modules
     modules/mymodule/tests/init.pp
   - see what is going on
   - push changes back to git and create a revision
   - checkout that revision to the integration environment on the puppet
   master and later on to the production environment
   - using foreman in production instead of hardcoded parameters

This works for me but since basemodulepath is deprecated i wonder if this
is the way to go and how this is done by users

thanks