So I'm testing out puppet 3.6 with our existing environment and in general
i'm pleased.

There's one oddity that I'm tripping on and I'm not sure how to address it.
 We have a number of places where we leverage the 'file' resource with an
array of sources - using fileservers to pick the first match of a file for
a host, for an operating system, or a fallthrough file, like, say:

    file { "$sudoersd/005_$hostname":
          require => File[$sudoersd],
          ensure => "file",
          owner => root,
          group => 0,
          mode => "0440",
          source => ["puppet:///modules/sudo/etc/sudoers.hosts/$hostname",

 "puppet:///modules/sudo/etc/sudoers.hosts/no_unique_entries"]
        }

In previous versions, this has worked fine - and it still _works_ today.

However, I'm seeing warning messages regarding the hostname entry, the one
that fails. That seems excessive when the resource doesn't fail or even do
something improper.

My question then: Should I

 a) consider another idiom for these needs?

Or

 b) take advantage of the new log_level directive (thank you, by the way)
and set log_level=err and not worry about warnings except when debugging
failures?

--Triss