On 14-05-22 03:21 PM, Daniele Sluijters wrote:
The environment caching is already there, use the environment_timeout
setting. Mine is set to unlimited and I reload at deploy time by
touching tmp/restart.txt. This so far seems to work really well.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have also been dealing with high CPU load on my puppet masters since 3.5.0. Triggering the puppet master restart makes a lot of sense. I am using a git post commit hook to reload the puppet configs on my three puppet masters and I have added the code to restart the puppet rack app after changes have been detected. I will report back once I have had some time to analyze the results.

This seems like a major change from previous puppet versions. I have been using Puppet since 2.6 and any changes to puppet configs on the master were always picked up immediately. Is this because the puppet master was not doing any caching or is the puppet master watching the puppet configs for changes? Has this behavior now changed? Will changes to puppet manifests on the master only be detected after the environment_timeout has expired?

Thank you in advance for any insight.

--
Konrad Scherer, MTS, Linux Products Group, Wind River