hi Ken,

Right now I'm creating only one VM, co-locating PuppetMaster and PuppetDB
to make it simple - destroying and rebuilding. But it always fails - during
the provisioning/building and also even after if I login to the machine and
run puppet apply. Telnet works fine:

root@puppet:~# telnet puppet.internal 8081
> Trying 127.0.1.1...
> Connected to puppet.internal.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.

and iptables is not configured at all but here is the output:

root@puppet:~# ufw status

root@puppet:~# iptables -vnL
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 349 packets, 47388 bytes)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination
>
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 246 packets, 46964 bytes)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination

-San