Hi,

I still can make the ENC work on my puppet server.

General:
Puppet server: 3.3.1 Puppet agent: 2.7.25
The server run Passenger on Apache, so the puppetmaster run from apache and
not by himself.

I have in /etc/puppet/puppet.conf :
[master]
    mode_terminus = exec
    external_nodes = /usr/bin/env
PUPPET_DASHBOARD_URL=http://user:pass@localhost:3000
/usr/share/puppet-dashboard/bin/external_node

script details:
The file external_node  contain perl, all  the directories and
the external_node itself have the permission 755.

I did:
*  When I run the perl script locally  (as a regular script from the
command line – not with puppet) on the puppet server it run okay and give
the YAML output I sent in my previous emails.
*  looking for errors in messages log and apache log – nothing
look suspicious. But the warning:
     -   [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate
(BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
      -  YAML in network requests is deprecated and will be removed in a
future version.
*  Also tried to make syntax error in  my perl script external_node – got
no error in the logs.

What make me think maybe:
* puppet it not running external_node script at all.
* ENC have problems when it Passenger & Apache?

Thanks for all the people who answer me.