In regard to: Re: [Puppet Users] Re: RHEL7 facts missing, Bas Wildemann...:

I think you may be right and I'm thinking about opening a ticket.
AFAIK net-tools will be deprecated in future RHEL versions, so a solution
is necessary.

I discovered this issue independently last week, and opened a ticket
before seeing Bas' email.

        https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/FACT-597

Note that I linked that issue to the larger underlying issue, the
deprecation of "ifconfig" and the need to use "ip" for things like
ip address and network interfaces:

        https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/FACT-184

Tim