From: bobby38
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 1:46 PM
To: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Puppet Users] installation of package to a different folder

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reply.
i couldnt find anything related to JDK installation option in that page but I
was thinking to do it this way ...

class java_rpm::install {
$version = 'jdk-7u25-linux-x64.rpm'
package { $version: provider => rpm,
exec {"$version": install_options =>
['-vh','--prefix=/operation/tools/jdk-1.7'],
owner => operation,
group => admin,
mode => 0755,
command => "rpm -ivh --prefix=/operation/tools/jdk-1.7 jdk-7u25-linux-x64. rpm"
}
source =>
"/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/environments/development/modules/java_rpm/files/jdk-7u25-linux-x64

}

Thanks,