On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 3:45 PM, virgil <virgil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I wonder when I executed the following command,
> eg:
> class cal{
>         exec{'perms':
>         command => 'C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe',
>         logoutput => true
>         }
> }
> What is the default execute user? Or which log can I reference to find it
> out?

The user running the command. If you were logged in and running it, you
would be the user. If it's the agent running the command, the service
defaults the user to SYSTEM during installation. That can be changed to
another user if you want it to be.

To answer the question you have not asked yet, you cannot run exec as a
different user on Windows. See PUP-532[1] for more details.

[1] https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-532

> Thanks.
> Virgil

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/2f17ebfd-9b2b-4983-98a8-10a955e2d7f3%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/2f17ebfd-9b2b-4983-98a8-10a955e2d7f3%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Rob Reynolds
Developer, Puppet Labs

*Join us at PuppetConf 2014 <http://www.puppetconf.com/>, September
20-24 in San Francisco*
*Register by July 31st to take advantage of the Early Bird discount
<https://puppetconf2014.eventbrite.com/?discount=EarlyBird> **--**save $249!*