Jose - Ah, the puppet master itself is running as the "puppet" user.

*root@puppet:/etc/puppet# ps -ef | grep puppet*

*root      1362     1  0 10:55 ?        00:00:02 /usr/bin/ruby
/usr/bin/puppet agent*

*puppet   20719     1  0 11:31 ?        00:00:00 Passenger RackApp:
/usr/share/puppet/rack/puppetmasterd*

I tried the following and got an error:

*root@puppet:/etc/puppet# sudo -u puppet ./bin/node_classifier *

*/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/facter/util/directory_loader.rb:75:in `open':
Permission denied - /root/.facter/facts.d (Errno::EACCES)*
I'm not sure if this is really indicative of the actual problem or not.

- Taylor