Hello,

we are currently creating and tearing down lots of VMs in our lab
environment. This includes retrieving and installing Puppet from the
Puppetlabs repository at apt.puppetlabs.com. Recently we found that from
some addresses in our lab's /24 access to http://apt.puppetlabs.com is
painfully slow (things are trickling in at ~800 bytes per second). We
double-checked our lab network and the automated VM provisioning process
and found nothing amiss. Now we are wondering whether we ran into some kind
of rate limiting on the repository's side, since we do repeatedly retrieve
the same packages in the course of VM provisioning, more often than not
from the same IP address. One of the 'slow' addresses in question is
37.44.0.243. Is there anyone on this list who could look into this?

If we are indeed causing too much load we'd be happy to set up a public
mirror of apt.puppetlabs.com.

Cheers,

Johannes

--
SysEleven GmbH
Umspannwerk - Aufgang C

Tel +49 30 233 2012 0
Fax +49 30 616 755 50
http://www.syseleven.dehttp://www.facebook.com/SysEleven

Firmensitz: Berlin
Registergericht: AG Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 108571 B
Geschäftsführer: Marc Korthaus, Thomas Lohner