I've started to use beaker instead of test-kitchen, especially with docker
instances.
This should let me test specific roles/profiles for functionality rather
than just syntax correctness.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Christopher Wood <
christopher_w...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Also check to see that your templates compile and that ruby can read all
> your yaml files without erroring?
>
> We just have the checks which we run intermittently, currently there's no
> snazzy integration beyond jenkins failing a run and us getting a sad email,
> and I have other priorities right now.

> #!/bin/bash
>
> . /usr/local/etc/re.conf
>
> declare -i ret=0
>
> for i in `find ${PPDIR} -name "*.erb"`; do
>     erb -P -x -T '-' $i | ruby -c >/dev/null
>     RETVAL=$?
>     ret=$(($ret + $RETVAL))
> done
>
> rm -f $FILE
>
> exit $ret
> #!/bin/bash
>
> . /usr/local/etc/ry.conf
>
> find $PPDIR -name "*.eyaml" >$FILE
>
> /usr/local/bin/readyaml.rb $FILE
> RETVAL=$?
>
> rm -f $FILE
>
> exit $RETVAL
> #!/usr/bin/env ruby
>
> require 'yaml'
>
> listfile = ARGV[0]
> list = File.read(listfile).split("\n")
>
> list.each do |item|
>   data = File.read(item)
>   YAML.load(data)
> end
>
> They're pretty basic but the jenkins output leads us to the right place.
>

> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 09:17:18AM -0700, Bernard Clark wrote:
> >    I'm setting up a jenkins server to perform continuous integration on
> my
> >    puppet codebase, and I'm interested in running at least the following
> >    tests:
> >
> >      * puppet parser validate
> >      * puppet lint
> >      * rspec-puppet
> >      * test-kitchen
> >
> >    Have I overlooked any other worthwhile tests, and has the community
> >    distilled any wisdom about best practices, particularly regarding git
> >    workflow? Any advice would be much appreciated!
> >
> >    --
> send an
> >    email to [1]puppet-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> >    To view this discussion on the web visit
> >    [2]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/ea52abae-4455-4ae4-9fc9-0f9cd3972a38%40googlegroups.com
> .
> >
> > References
> >
> >    Visible links
> >    1. mailto:puppet-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> >    2.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/ea52abae-4455-4ae4-9fc9-0f9cd3972a38%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> >    3. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--