Hi,

What I'd recommend is the following in your puppet manifest just
before the template() call to your file :

$fqdn = downcase($::fqdn)

...and that's it. You will need to puppetlabs-stdlib module.

The other solution is to use ruby inside your erb template, with this
as the first line of the file for example :

<% fqdn = scope.lookupvar('::fqdn').downcase -%>

Then use "fqdn" (the local ruby variable) instead of "@fqdn" (the
puppet variable) in your <%= fqdn %>.

Matthias

--
            Matthias Saou                  ██          ██