I tried to build the master/agent system with puppet, everything went well
when I tried to pull the catalogs from the master in the agent

here's the environment:

master:  centos 6 vps (public net)  puppet 3.6.2     hostname is snspay.cn
  and little configuration
agent: virtual box centos 6  puppet 3.6.2

my command is

puppet agent --server snspay.cn --no-daemonize --test onetime --verbose

and the output is

Warning: Unable to fetch my node definition, but the agent run will
continue:
Warning: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate
B: certificate verify failed: [self signed certificate in certificate chain
for /CN=Puppet CA: snspay.cn]
Info: Retrieving pluginfacts
Error: /File[/var/lib/puppet/facts.d]: Failed to generate additional
resources using 'eval_generate': SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3
read server certificate B: certificate verify failed: [self signed
certificate in certificate chain for /CN=Puppet CA: snspay.cn]
Error: /File[/var/lib/puppet/facts.d]: Could not evaluate: Could not
retrieve file metadata for puppet://snspay.cn/pluginfacts: SSL_connect
returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate
verify failed: [self signed certificate in certificate chain for /CN=Puppet
CA: snspay.cn]
Wrapped exception:
SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B:
certificate verify failed: [self signed certificate in certificate chain
for /CN=Puppet CA: snspay.cn]
Info: Retrieving plugin

and on the master side the /var/log/puppet/masterhttp.log got these:

[2014-08-11 17:54:54] ERROR OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_accept returned=1
errno=0 state=SSLv3 read client certificate A: tlsv1 alert unknown ca

If I use my own ubuntu as agent, and master is the same, every thing is OK,
so it must be my virtual box's issue. any ideas?