Hello everyone,

I have a puppetmaster v3.6.2-1 installed on Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 server. I
am using passenger (apache2) instead of Webrick.

root@puppet:~# /etc/init.d/puppetmaster status
 * master is not running
root@puppet:~#
root@puppet:~# /etc/init.d/apache2 status
 * apache2 is running
root@puppet:~#

I am trying to install puppetdb via a module
<https://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/2.1/install_via_module.html>, but
after installing the module I ran 'puppet agent -t' command and encountered
below errors.

root@puppet:~# puppet agent -t
Info: Retrieving pluginfacts
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Caching catalog for puppet.test.com
Info: Applying configuration version '1408337383'
Notice: Unable to connect to puppetdb server (puppet.test.com:8081):
Connection refused - connect(2)
Notice: Failed to connect to puppetdb; sleeping 2 seconds before retry
Notice: Unable to connect to puppetdb server (puppet.test.com:8081):
Connection refused - connect(2)
Notice: Failed to connect to puppetdb; sleeping 2 seconds before retry
Notice: Unable to connect to puppetdb server (puppet.test.com:8081):
Connection refused - connect(2)
Notice: Failed to connect to puppetdb; sleeping 2 seconds before retry
^CNotice: Caught INT; calling stop
root@puppet:~#

I checked that port 8081 is not being used by any daemon.

root@puppet:~# netstat -an | grep 8081
root@puppet:~# telnet 192.168.1.99 8081
Trying 192.168.1.99...
root@puppet:~#

Please help me out to troubleshoot this.

Regards,
Vikas