On Monday, August 18, 2014 4:45:23 PM UTC-5, Eugene Sapozhnikov wrote:

> I am trying to figure out a way to use a if statement to run multiple sets
> of commands depending if one file exists, but I am unable to find any good
> documented ways of doing this.

Your main alternatives are:
1) Add a file existence/nonexistence test to each Exec resource, in either
its 'onlyif' or its 'unless' command.  Of course, this is repetitive and it
doesn't work for resources of other types than Exec.

1a) You could address at least the repetitiveness by wrapping up your
separate commands into one (or more) scripts, and exec'ing that instead of
execing each command individually.

2) You could create a custom fact that tests the file's existence (just
before the beginning of each run).  Then you could use that fact's value in
your conditional logic.

John