+2 here. I support the fix -- but not in a minor-revision of the tool. In
our case, it was indeed a reasonably simple regex change everywhere, but
the potential for failure around puppet-forge modules is massive here. I
strongly recommend reverting this change and releasing it in a 3.xx version
of Facter.

Matt Wise
Sr. Systems Architect
Nextdoor.com