On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Benjamin Priestman <
benja...@miniverse.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On windows hosts, I've taken to putting all my app data in c:\srv,
> mimicing the /srv location on Linux. Depending on the host, this may be a
> location on the system drive, or it is sometimes an additional disk mounted
> at that location. In the latter case, `puppet resource file ` shows this as
> a link whose target is the underlying volume.
>
> An attempt to define a file resource within this location fails with:
> 'Parent directory C:/srv does not exist'
> If I create subdirectories here by hand, the puppet run proceeds just
> fine. Has anyone else come across this behavior?
>
> I'm running puppet 3.4.2 at the moment. Happy to upgrade but I can't find
> any big reports that indicate this is a known issue.

We've had a similar issue when trying to copy files from non-NTFS volumes,
but perhaps the underlying bug also affected file resources in those
mounted folders. See PUP-1450[1] (also PUP-1368[2] and PUP-1389[3]) as it
could have could have been linked to what you are seeing currently.

[1] https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-1450
[2] https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-1368
[3] https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-1389

Rob Reynolds
Developer, Puppet Labs

*Join us at PuppetConf 2014 <http://www.puppetconf.com/>, September
20-24 in San Francisco*
*Register by September 8th to take advantage of the Final Countdown
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/puppetconf-2014-tickets-7666774529?discount=FinalCountdown>
*
*--**save $149!*