Hi, I have a puppet file I'm running via vagrant that sets up oracle and
changes the system password.

I need to make sure that the "oracle-xe" service is running before
executing my password change script via sql plus.

Here is the code:

service {'oracle-xe':
  ensure => running
}

service {'iptables':
    ensure => stopped
}

exec {"changeDbPassword":
  environment => ["ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe",
"ORACLE_SID=XE"],
    command => "sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF
connect sa/sa
ALTER USER system IDENTIFIED BY mypassword;
quit
EOF",
     path => "/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe/bin/",
     logoutput => 'true'

}

This code works, but my understanding that the ordering isn't guaranteed,
so how do I make sure that the exec command runs AFTER the oracle-xe
service command?

Please let me know of other improvements - guessing that I can reference
the environment variable instead of repeating it in the path =>
"/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe/bin/"

Thanks!
phil