I'm following through the Learn Puppet Quest guide.

At "The Puppet Forge" section, task 1 is to install the puppetlabs-apache
module.  My VM does not have access to the internet so the "puppet module
install puppetlabs-apache" command fails.  the guide says to untar the
/usr/src/forge/puppetlabs-apache-0.8.1.tar.gz file.  (That file contained
an HTML file with a "301 Moved Permanently" message so I downloaded the
file from https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-apache/releases
instead.)

After un-taring the file, and moving it to
/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/modules/apache, I started the PE console and added
the lvmguide.  Then I ran the "puppet agent --test" command to cause the
agent to apply the puppet configuration.  The result is:

Info: Loading facts in
/var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/ip6tables_version.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/staging_http_get.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/puppet_vardir.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/iptables_version.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/pe_build.rb
Info: Loading facts in
/var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/pe_puppetdb_server_status.rb
Info: Caching catalog for learn.localdomain

Info: Applying configuration version '1411417411'
Error: Could not apply complete catalog: Found 1 dependency cycle:
(File[/var/www/html/lvmguide] => File[25-learning.puppetlabs.vm.conf] =>
Service[httpd] => Class[Apache] => File[/var/www/html/lvmguide])
Cycle graph written to /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/state/graphs/cycles.dot.
Notice: Finished catalog run in 19.30 seconds

Any ideas as to why the tutorial would result in a dependency cycle?

I googled the problem and found the question asked but not answered.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx,
Mark