Hey guys,

 I kept getting this annoying warning in the output of my puppet runs:

Warning: The package type's allow_virtual parameter will be changing its
default value from false to true in a future release. If you do not want to
allow virtual packages, please explicitly set allow_virtual to false.
(at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/puppet/type.rb:816:in `set_default')

So I found this article:

https://inuits.eu/blog/puppet-361-depreciation-warning

That suggesting putting this value in your site.pp for your environment:

Package {
  allow_virtual => true,
}

Which DOES suppress that annoying output on the majority of the hosts. But
a few of them have ruby 2.2 installed on some of the newer OSs.

And all the hosts with the newer ruby throw the following error instead of
performing clean puppet runs like the hosts with the older rubies (1.8.7
and 1.9.3).

And I notice that I can't get puppet to work on the ruby 2.2 hosts even
after deleting that allow_virtual override from my site.pp.

So how do I fix the nodes with the newer ruby? Is there any value I can set
that will make that annoying error message go away, yet allow the puppet
server to play nicely with all the nodes?

Thanks
Tim

Please help!

Is there any universal solution for this problem?

--
GPG me!!