On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Jeff Picklyk <jpick...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> What is the suggested way with Puppet 3.7.x of running a powershell
> command under another user's context?
>
> I see that exec has a group and user parameter but I can't find
> documentation on how this relates to windows and specifically powershell
> commands.  It would be nice if I could just provide a PSCredential as an
> argument and powershell module just deal with it for me.
>
> Ideas?

Hi Jeff,
 You will likely want to watch PUP-532[1] as it addresses adding the runas
for exec on Windows. This is something that is not likely to come out until
Puppet 4 or later. It is something that is high on our priority list
though, so I'd think we'll see it earlier in the 4.x series.

If you need something sooner, you might be able to make a custom provider
for exec that could perform what is needed. Password would likely need to
be added to the type, so that makes it a bit more challenging.

[1] https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-532

> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/5d210cb3-6c95-4ead-8791-80b1ceea81f0%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/5d210cb3-6c95-4ead-8791-80b1ceea81f0%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Rob Reynolds
Developer, Puppet Labs

*Join us at **PuppetConf 2015, October 5-9 in Portland, OR - *
http://2015.puppetconf.com/
*Register early to save 40%!*