On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 5:51 PM, John Anderson <ja391...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm fairly sure that puppetlabs uses their activemq module internally to
> manage the activemq component of mcollective.   I'm interested in
> contributing an ActiveMQ module myself, one that is for more general use.
> I'm not sure if I should contribute and expand the functionality of
> PuppetLabs ActiveMQ module, contribute to another ActiveMQ module, or
> create a new one.
>
> When read the guide on forge contributions, the first step is to open an
> issue for the bug or feature, and it appears as though issues are disabled
> for the PuppetLabs/ActiveMQ module, however I do see pull requests.

Hi John. We migrated from GitHub Issues to Jira a while back. It looks like
activemq was never updated to point there. Sorry about that. We track in
the MODULES project which you can find here:
https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/MODULES

That said, you're more than welcome to fork our module as a base to start
from or offer contributions back. We do review and merge in any reasonable
contribution we get but this particular module is in the lower half of our
list so response times may vary. As the README indicates, it's primarily
intended for MCollective but I don't see why it couldn't be expanded for
general use.

> The features I'd like to add over multiple phases are:
>
> Support for choosing a persistence engine (KahaDB, LevelDB, MySQL,
> whatever else is supported).
> Support for creating a network of brokers.
> Support for HA scenarios, such as Zookeeper or shared storage
> configurations.
>
> In short, there are lot of deployment configurations for ActiveMQ, and I'd
> like to help the main PuppetLabs module support as many as possible, I'm
> just not quite sure where to begin as far as collaboration with PuppetLabs
> is concerned.   If PuppetLabs would like to keep their ActiveMQ module
> tuned for the puppet application stack, which module should I then proceed
> to contribute this functionality toward?
>

> John A.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/1222294e-531f-4521-9c4f-9b07df086c12%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/1222294e-531f-4521-9c4f-9b07df086c12%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Ryan Coleman | Modules & Forge | ryanycoleman on twitter & #puppet IRC