Hi Erik,

Do you have any plans for a blog post on what it took to get switched?

Almost everything that I've tried has worked well with my biggest issue
being String Integer to bare Integer comparison situations.

Thanks!

Trevor

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 2:59 AM, Erik Dalén <erik.gustav.da...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just wanted to say that we have now switched completely to the future
> parser at Spotify, and it is working well. Still have some work to do to
> take advantage of all the new stuff, it is still mostly the old manifests
> running on the new parser.
>
> We had some syntax fixes we had to make to get it working, like variable
> case in some manifests, and some resource references that had a space
> between the type and name (like File [foo] instead of File[foo]).
>
> But the biggest issue with the migration was some modules that used
> dynamically scoped variables inside ERB templates. That is quite tricky to
> detect in any other way than doing --noop runs and comparing the changes.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CAAAzDLd7LLBW6bO%3D%2BGZWcBuzJxqKAh%2BqF2007-xFQ038K6PVsA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CAAAzDLd7LLBW6bO%3D%2BGZWcBuzJxqKAh%2BqF2007-xFQ038K6PVsA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Trevor Vaughan