I'm fooling around with some defined types and am struggling a little.  The
following is just a small example of what I'm doing while I work it out:

#/etc/puppet/modules/testmodule/manifests/init.pp
define testmodule ( $message ){
  testmodule::down { "${name}":
     message => "test message for ${name}",

#/etc/puppet/modules/testmodule/manifests/down.pp
define testmodule::down (
  $message = "This is a test",
){
        notify { "$name":
                message => "$message"

And I'm calling it like:

  testmodule { "$filename":
    message => $message,
  }

I have it included in my site.pp but I keep getting this:

Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Could not find class testmodule for puptest.domain.com
<http://puptest.ironmountain.com/> on node puptest.domain.com
<http://puptest.ironmountain.com/>
Warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
Error: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

Google provides no solutions to this that I've been able to discover thus
far.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm sure it's some lack of
understanding on my part.

Thanks!