Hello all and thanx in advance to anyone that replies to my endless
headache here.

  I am trying to do a couple of things, and failing miserably. I will touch
on the most important one for the moment.

 I am trying to set a variable based on a variable.  Effectively a dynamic
variable.  I can do this in bash all day long. :/

class webapps_dt($envir = "${which_envir}", $envir = upcase($envir),
$agent_name = "WEBAPP_EC2EAST_$envir_SERVICE, $server =
"collector-somehost.atsome-domain.com", $version="5.5.0") {

  The problem is, I can't figure out for the life of me how to nest or
embed that variable inside that variable.  I can nest or embed a fact, but
not another variable.  In case anyone is wondering, the second thing I am
trying to solve is upper casing the original fact.  What I am searching for
is the environment in which the machines are built. ( dev / cert / prod ),
but I want them to be uppercase like the rest of the string.  That has of
course failed too.  So assuming that envir = DEV, I can't get this to work..

 Any ideas?  Thought?  Miracles?

Thanks,