Hi folks,

The developers at my place are designing a new set of webapps, which will be written in Python/Django. This is new to us (our old stuff is nasty Perl) and I've been asked to look at how to deploy these new apps using Puppet.

The Django apps will be developed in Git repos and releases will be tagged so I am envisaging using puppetlabs/vcsrepo to deploy releases of the apps to the web server's filesystem. The developers want to use virtualenv to handle dependencies in their apps. Is there are a recommended method among other Puppet admins to deploy Django apps from git with virtualenv and have them served preferably with Apache or Nginx?

I can't find a monolithic module to do this on the Forge so if nobody has a wiser suggestion, I will probably write something using puppetlabs/vcsrepo, stankevich/python and puppetlabs/apache.

Thanks,
Jonathan