Hi Subodh,

the Puppet master generates a catalog for the agent.
Within the catalog the agent receives information regarding its configuration.
The agent will then issue proper commands based on the declared Puppet resource
types.
For packages the agent (RHEL, CentOS) will use the yum command.
This means that the agent needs access to a yum repository server.

Most companies do not want their agents to fetch packages directly from the
internet and use a local repository mirror for that purpose.

hth,

Martin