Hi

I try to solve the following case:

I have a bash script, cert_check.sh which is used to check Jboss
certificates.
The script returns 0 if certs are still valid, 1 if they are about to
expire and 2 if they
are already expired.

The script should be executed on all jboss nodes which is possible with a
simple exec.

If the script returns 1 or 2 I would like another exec to be executed on a
different node, possibly the puppetmaster.
That exec will perform a REST API call to a server with curl (probably
another exec in Puppet).
That call will generate a new certificate and copy it back to the node with
an expired/about to expire certificate.

Initially I was considering to just perform the call directly from each node
(exec with an unless attribute), but that is not ideal with respect to
security
as the username/password for the REST API should not be visible on all
nodes,
and firewall openings to the host handling the certificate generating /
copying
must be added for all networks with jboss-servers.

Do you think it is possible to handle this with Puppet?

Thanks,

Erling