Hello,

I'm having issues with one server when it tries to apply a super simple
file resource that ensures a file is absent:

file { '/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/uptime.conf': ensure => absent }

I can easily replicate this with a puppet apply -e of the above line.

I get the following error:

err: /Stage[main]//File[/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/uptime.conf]: Could not
evaluate: undefined method `[]=' for :chec:Symbol

The weird thing is that it's the only server where this is happening.
Other servers that are using the same package versions can apply the
same resource without any issue.

I'm using the debian packages from wheezy, so puppet 2.7.23 with ruby 1.9.1

This happens whether I configure ruby 1.9.1 or 1.8.7 as the version to
run with the "ruby" executable.

Has anyone already seen such a problem before? is there any more setup
info that I should verify to find differences between the working
servers and the one that isn't?

--
Gabriel Filion