On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 11:08 AM, kaustubh chaudhari <kaustu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there a firewall wall in between ? make sure from client you are able
> to run # telnet puppetmaster.example.com 8140 (replace the fqdn with your
> puppet master name).

Another thing to be sure of is that the hostname of the fqdn of the
puppetmaster is reachable, sometimes this requires adding its name and IP
address to the hosts file.

> HTH
> -Kaustubh
>

> On Sunday, December 28, 2014 3:36:42 PM UTC-5, havay...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm a newbie with puppet and i'm currently trying to run a puppet master
>> server on an ubuntu virtual box and the puppet agent on windows 8 ( which
>> is the host computer ).
>>
>> Using the cmd tool on windows i've executed the following to see if the
>> agent manages to connect with the master: *puppet agent --test --debug*
>> which eventually ended up with this error message:
>>

>> *No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused
>> it*
>>
>> I've print-screened all the relevant conf files and the error i'm
>> getting. In my understanding since i'm running a VM I should forward
>> somehow the
>> requests to the master running there, for some reason this keeps failing
>> and I have no clue why.
>> Any ideas why? Both agent and master are up and running
>>
>> Any help is appreciated,
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your time,
>>
>> Havaya G
>>
>> P.S
>>
>> hosts file on Win 8 hasn't been changed or modified, its the default one,
>> I haven't added any entries there whatsoever.
>>

>  --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/3314ceae-d5e4-4f9b-b60b-7dc2eca5f04f%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/3314ceae-d5e4-4f9b-b60b-7dc2eca5f04f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Rob Reynolds
Developer, Puppet Labs

*PuppetConf 2015 <http://2015.puppetconf.com/> is coming to Portland,
Oregon! Join us October 5-9.*
*Register now to take advantage of the Early Adopter discount
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/puppetconf-2015-october-5-9-tickets-13115894995?discount=EarlyAdopter>
*
*--**save $349!*