De : puppet-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:puppet-users@googlegroups.com] De la
part de Michael Pawlak
Envoyé : mercredi 6 mai 2015 18:56
À : puppet-users@googlegroups.com
Objet : Re: [Puppet Users] puppet exported resources dramatic performance

Frederic,
Based on the size of your farm, you may want to start thinking about either
load balancing your puppet master (nginx, ha proxy, SRV records, etc.) or
possibly decentralizing your puppet deployments (masterless). Remember that all
manifest compilations take place on the puppet master and not the clients. This
means all collected resources, for all 350+ hosts must funnel through your
puppet master, which then has to update the storedconfigs in puppetdb. This can
be a significant amount of load for the puppet master, considering the size of
your deployment.
So, if performance is a concern/issue with you, look into other methods of
spreading the work load or decentralizing to get the performance you desire.

Michael Pawlak
Web Systems Administrator | Colovore LLC
E: m...@colovore.com<mailto:m...@colovore.com>
C: 408.316.2154

[http://s3.amazonaws.com/crunchbase_prod_assets/assets/images/resized/0028/6576/286576v1-max-250x250.png]
 <http://www.colovore.com>

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 8:00 AM, SCHAER Frederic