Am Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015 10:31:14 UTC+2 schrieb Danny Roberts:

> I have built a new Puppet master to test Puppet 4. I have installed the
> server itself and used r10k to put my code on the server but when doing a
> puppet client run on the master I get this error:
>
> root@puppet:~# puppet agent -t
> Info: Retrieving pluginfacts
> Info: Retrieving plugin
> Info: Loading facts
> Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
> Evaluation Error: Error while evaluating a Function Call, Could not find
> data item classes in any Hiera data file and no default supplied at
> /etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/production/site.pp:2:1 on node
> puppet.thefallenphoenix.net
> Warning: Not using cache on failed catalog

IMHO it can't find any "classes" keys and as "undef" handling changed in
4.0 it now throws an error.

If  it should return values: what if you run the hiera command from command
line ? something like:

hiera --debug --array classes undef topscopevar1=value  topscopevar2=value

where topscopevar* are variables used in hiera.yaml.

- Thomas