You can create a custom fact to check for that file if the file dose not
exist then install else do nothing.

==
Facter.add(:bigfix) do
  confine :kernel => "Linux"
  setcode do
    if File.exist? "/etc/init.d/besclient"
        "true"
    else "false"
    end
  end
end
==

if this file exist i ignore it else i install bigfix.

Hope this help.

-Kaustubh