El 02/07/15 a las 16:12, staceytian4...@gmail.com escribió:
Hi,

I have a question about how to manage puppet agent run.

I am using cron for Puppet agent to run at a specific time.
Since I use cron to run puppet agent, I disable the puppet daemon
service (chkconfig puppet off; service puppet stop)

It has been working fine.
However, yesterday, I noticed that on one machine, someone accidentally
removed the puppet cron.

In  this case, this machine won't have puppet agent run, because puppet
cron is gone and puppet agent is not running to receive cron creation
from puppet master.

How do you handle this situation? Periodically check report to see if
which machine has not reported?

We use check_puppet.rb nagios plugin at https://github.com/harisekhon/nagios-plugins

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez