On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 11:46:41AM -0700, L. Matthew Blancett wrote:
>    I have this same need. In my case it's yum repo files that I want to
>    ensure are ONLY what puppet manages (we occasional haven brazen users drop
>    repo's on boxes, and cause big headaches down that road). Our environment
>    is complex enough that repo's don't come from a single file, but from
>    disparate modules and classes. When I tell puppet to manage
>    /etc/yum.repos.d/  with purge => true, it seems to remove every repo, then
>    re-add them later in its run.

The yumrepos are not file resources, if I recall correctly the purging is done
on files and the /etc/yum.repos.d/* are not explicitly managed as files. So the
files are nuked and then the yumrepos are create and put in files for the cycle
to start again.

Having the same issue I stopped declaring yumrepo types and started declaring
files for the contents of that directory. Everybody here is used to the repo
file format and it went transparently.