Does anybody actually use the puppetlabs-splunk module ?

I've been battling this for too many hours and have a bunch of questions.
I can't really find any references via Google that this is getting much
usage, and the documentation in the module itself seems essentially
non-existent, but I thought I'd ask just in case:

   - how do you define a section for inputs.conf that has multiple
   key=value pairs

If I wanted a inputs.conf stanza of the following, how do I make that
happen ?

[monitor:///var/log/nginx]
disabled = false
index = main
sourcetype = nginx

         I came up with the following, but the problem is it only permits
'one' setting and value.....

splunkforwarder_input { 'nginx':
        section => 'monitor:///var/log/nginx',
        setting => 'disabled'
        value => 'false',
      }

Is there a way to get it to accept multiple free-form multiple key=value
pairs ?  It's using their ini module under the hood isn't it ? Is there a
secret decoder ring of examples someplace ?

   - the README file seems totally wrong to me. On a centos6 system, it
   doesn't try to install the universal forwarder rpm from the source tree it
   tells you to build, and it doesn't use the version/build info it tells you
   to put into parameters. It does a 'yum install splunkforwarder' with odd
   options, and no (visible to me) way to control yum options, which repo(s)
   are enabled/disabled, etc.   While the installation 'does' work and it
   enables and starts the process well, the whole thing seems like half a
   solution with a tenth of the docs that I'd expect a 'supported' module to
   have.

FWIW, I only figured out what was expected by reading the (minimal) tests
in the module sources.  I'd have expected some examples/readme files to
save hundreds of potential users that pain.

class { 'splunk::params':
         version => '6.1.2',
         build   => '213098',
         server  => 'splunk.apps.oris.washington.edu',
      }
class { 'splunk::forwarder' :

      }

Am I missing something in how to decipher this thing ?  Should we have to
spend hours trying to reverse engineer a basically undocumented module that
doesn't even really say what it does/doesn't support in terms of
functionality or should we just shop elsewhere or roll our own ?  Guess I'm
pretty lost/confused/tired of battling this thing.  Ideas ?