On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 3:35:04 AM UTC-5, Sergiu Cornea wrote:

> Thank you John,
>
> Thank you for your answer and sorry for the ambiguity.
>
> The YAML file I am referring to is the node's YAML file such as in the
> Puppet's NTP complete example:

What you are looking at is external data in YAML format, such as would be
*consumed* by Hiera.  It is an input, not an output, and in general it is
not monolithic -- the data for a given node is often spread across multiple
files.  Moreover, the data, based on those files, that Hiera feeds to
Puppet are context-sensitive in general: Hiera can interpolate contextual
values based on Puppet variables into the data and feed the result back to
Puppet, or it can even use such contextual data to select from which files
to draw input in the first place.

Bottom line: it's still unclear what you want -- Hiera input or Hiera
output -- and if the latter, it doesn't exist in any objective,
context-insensitive sense.

John