On 17 September 2015 at 15:27, Arnau <listsar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> https://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/latest/reference/modules_fundamentals.html
>
> Maybe start with:
>
> puppet module generate user-modulename ....

puppet module generate assumes a pure Puppet module, rather than one
using the Ruby API.

The larger skeleton I maintain has the trappings of a Ruby module, but
it's fairly large at this point:
https://github.com/garethr/puppet-module-skeleton

> you'll get the basic stuff.
>
> HTH,

>> I have some experience handling puppet modules but this time I wrote some
>> code in Ruby that I'd like to port to a custom puppet module. I already have
>> read puppetlabs documentation( puppetforge, Beginner's guide )about writing
>> custom modules but I still don't get a basic idea to build from zero a dummy
>> custom puppet module to test it.
>>

>> Do you know where can I find some practical examples to build a dummy
>> custom puppet module?

The following is a pretty small/simple native type and provider.

https://github.com/garethr/garethr-digitalocean

It's not the best code but it works and it's not complicated, so for
getting started purposes it's potentially a nice start to follow as
long as you know a little Ruby.

The following blog posts also give a good introduction to some of the
concepts that are worth understanding.

http://garylarizza.com/blog/2013/11/25/fun-with-providers/
http://garylarizza.com/blog/2013/11/26/fun-with-providers-part-2/
http://garylarizza.com/blog/2013/12/15/seriously-what-is-this-provider-doing/

And do feel frree to post code in gists for feedback here.

I'd love to know what you're building too.

Gareth

>> --

Gareth Rushgrove
@garethr