The title pretty much says it all.  I mostly manage RHEL 5 & 6 boxes that
come with ruby 1.8.7.  The mcollective shell plugin requires ruby 1.9.

SCL might work for the RHEL 6 systems but not 5.  Building everything from
source would work but certainly not ideal.  I took a stab at managing ruby
with rbenv yesterday and didn't manage to get the shell plugin to work.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Kent Brede