On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 6:10:35 AM UTC-5, Michael Wörz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we want to dump ENC Data to a file on the puppet clients so that it can be
> used outside puppet scripts.
>
> file{'/etc/config-enc':
>   content => "$yaml"
> }
>
> does the Job but the output data is not formated an close to unreadable.
> Json or Yaml woukd be nice.

It's unclear what "ENC Data" means to you.  An ENC is a *program* that *you
provide*.  When run it emits data (classes, parameter values, and global
variable values), but that data must be in YAML format already, so I
suppose it's not what you're looking for.  Perhaps your particular ENC
relies on an external data file, and it's that data you want to pass on to
clients; in that case, we'll need some more information about the nature of
that file before we can give you any detailed help.

Generally speaking, however, formatting raw external data within Puppet
probably depends either on writing a custom function or on use of OS
utilities or an external program via the built-in generate() function.

John