Hi All,

I have CentOS 6.5 running puppet agent version 3.8.2 the problem is when
I’m running “puppet agent -t” it gets hanged:

[root@server ~]# puppet agent -t
Info: Retrieving pluginfacts
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Loading facts
Info: Loading facts

“Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Failed
when searching for node : Failed to find via exec: Execution of
'/etc/puppet/node.rb”

After I checked it I found out the reason, I have more than 1000 VLANs on
the servers and I guess when the Facter collecting the INFO it gets timeout
and fails.
I found this thread to “Allow for disabling certain facts within Facter ”
https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/FACT-718” but it still wasn’t
implemented.
My question is there is any way that puppet won’t get info for VLANS?
Meaning "puppet agent –t" won’t triger the Facter get information about
VLANS?
If no how can I override this issue?

Thakns,
EddieM