Hi Martin,

> The only env where it's defined is the one I'm using.
>
> Maybe that is the reason.

Sorry, but I don't see why this could be the reason. Could you please
explain it to me?

> Can you please have a look at the nagios::client code and check whether
> there is a default set for $selinux?

the default is "true".

I've compared facts during installation and after reboot. there's a
difference in selinux value
selinux = true during installation
selinux = false after installation

but this is ::selinux and not ::nagios::client::selinux

I've tried to set nagios::client::selinux = false  in the puppet
master/environment/class. the source file that triggers the error. And the
error is still there. The only thing that really fix teh problem is
commenting out the if statement in the nagios client code:

  ## With selinux, some nrpe plugins require additional rules to work
  #if $selinux and $::selinux_enforced {
   # selinux::audit2allow { 'nrpe':
  #    source => "puppet:///modules/${module_name}/messages.nrpe",
 #   }
#  }

Even if the value is true/false the nagios client code refers to a type
defined in a different module (selinux):

  # With selinux, some nrpe plugins require additional rules to work
  if $selinux and $::selinux_enforced {
    selinux::audit2allow { 'nrpe':
      source => "puppet:///modules/${module_name}/messages.nrpe",

and the parsers gives the error because the resource type is unknown.

I think this explains what's going on. Does it make sense?

but I'm still wondering why the parser does not complain after the node
reboot. any answer to this?

Thanks,
Arnau