Thanks for the quick reply!

yes, I actually thought that feature got removed since it's not usuable and
> never really worked at all.
>
> Don't use it.

It seems to work okay most of the time, as far as I can tell. The trouble
comes
if it is used when the daemon is:

1) Still getting initialised
2) Trying to re-connect to the rabbitmq server.

At either of those times, it seems unreliable.

Do you have any suggestion for what we could do instead, to cause new agents
to come into effect?  We used "restart" in the past, but that caused other
issues
due to the way that in-flight RPC calls get discarded.

If there were some way of detecting when the reload-agents doesn't work
properly
we could then re-try it.  But I can't see a way of detecting the problem
(except
by looking for errors later on, which is hard to automate...)

Again, thanks.