Hi Lee,
On 08 Dec 2015, at 20:12, Lee Lowder <thefried...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I recently upgraded my Puppet (open source) install to Puppet 4.3.0.
>
> I'm currently in the process of updating internal documentation and training
> the rest of my teams, but I was wondering if anyone had any patterns or best
> practices that were specific to puppet 4? Specifically in cases where you no
> longer need to maintain compatibility with older versions.

I did a talk regarding new functionality and deprecations in Puppet 4:
https://puppetlabs.com/presentations/power-puppet-4
Besides this I encourage customers to at least make use of the type system.
For upgrading an existing platform I recommend to have a new Puppet 4 Master in
place and make it the CA server (easy if you did the dns_alt_name configuration
when you set up the first master).
Then switch nodes by nodes.
At my actual project we make use of the future parser setting in
environment.conf for a special puppet 4 upgrade environment.

Best,
Martin