I have a legacy "provisioning" script that I'm calling with puppet on brand
new machines (I'm slowly taking the functionality out of the script and
into puppet, but for reasons I can't do a full replacement yet)

I'd like to log the output of the provisioning and have included
"logoutput" to the exec in the class (see below) but when I run puppet all
I get for the module/class is:

Warning: Waiting for output; will sleep 0.0 seconds

Warning: Waiting for output; will sleep 0.5 seconds

Warning: Could not get output

Notice: /Stage[post]/provision/Exec[provision.sh]/returns: executed
successfully

Notice: Finished catalog run in 107.80 seconds

Here is the class and exec... I'm setting a timeout of 1800 and if the
catalog run finishes in 107 seconds, I'm unclear on how it's timing out.
 Any suggestions?

class provision {

  notify {'Running provision.sh can take a while - be patient':}

  file { '/root/provision.sh' :

    ensure => file,

    owner  => 'root',

    group  => 'root',

    mode   => '0755',

    source => 'puppet:///modules/provision/provision.sh',

    notify => Exec['provision.sh'],

  }

  exec { 'provision.sh' :

    command   => '/root/provision.sh',