It sounds like you'd be well off reading, that doesn't look like an agent run
with errors. It looks like the agent run of a very small catalog that didn't
need to change anything on the agent's host. It's not entirely clear where you
are running "puppet agent" and "puppet cert".

This thing often gets recommended:

https://puppetlabs.com/download-learning-vm

Also lots of reading here:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/