Greetings,

I am attempting to get a puppet 3.7 install off the ground. Please
don't ask me to upgrade to 4.X series. :)

On the puppet master (puppet-3-7.example.net):
# puppet master --no-daemonize --debug
[...]
Info: Not Found: Could not find certificate puppet-client.example.net
Debug: Routes Registered:
Debug: Route /^\/v2\.0/
Debug: Route /.*/
Debug: Evaluating match for Route /^\/v2\.0/
Debug: Did not match path ("/production/certificate/puppet-client.example.net")
Debug: Evaluating match for Route /.*/
Info: Not Found: Could not find certificate puppet-client.example.net

On the puppet client:
# puppet agent -t --server puppet-3-7 --debug
[...]
Debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/private_keys/puppet-client.example.net.pem]:
Autorequiring File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/private_keys]
Debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/public_keys/puppet-client.example.net.pem]:
Autorequiring File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/public_keys]
Debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem]: Autorequiring
File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs]
Debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/facts.d]: Autorequiring File[/var/lib/puppet]
Debug: Finishing transaction 10544780
Debug: Using cached certificate for ca
Debug: Using cached certificate for ca
Debug: Creating new connection for https://puppet-3-7:8140
Debug: Using cached certificate_request for puppet-client.example.net
Debug: Using cached certificate for ca
Debug: Creating new connection for https://puppet-3-7:8140
Debug: Creating new connection for https://puppet-3-7:8140
Debug: Using cached certificate_request for puppet-client.example.net
Debug: Using cached certificate for ca
Debug: Creating new connection for https://puppet-3-7:8140
Debug: Using cached certificate for ca
Debug: Creating new connection for https://puppet-3-7:8140
Exiting; no certificate found and waitforcert is disabled

Then on the master:
# puppet cert list
#

I have a 2.7 puppet environment that works very well and I am well
accustomed to dealing with the certs.

The auth.conf file looks okay, too:

# allow nodes to request a new certificate
path /certificate_request
auth any
method find, save
allow *

Can anyone help interpret the debug messages above? Or point me in the
correct direction?

Thanks!

-m