On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 4:41:29 AM UTC-8, Josh Sinfield wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think this is the error you are seeing:
> https://fedorahosted.org/augeas/ticket/354
> https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/issues/276
>
> We also receive this error.
> There seems to be no rpm package available for RHEL6 >1.0.0 nor >1.1.0 for
> RHEL7. >=1.2.0 contains the fix we need. 1.2.0 is available on RHEL5
> however?!?!
>
> I am going to look at building our own rpm from source, but don't have
> time right now. I tried yesterday but it failed near the end.

You don't necessarily have to rebuild the RPM. Try to drop a newer
samba.aug (e.g., from augeas 1.4.0) into /usr/share/augeas/lenses/ and see
if that resolves the issue. By default, Augeas loads lenses from
/usr/share/augeas/lenses and /usr/share/augeas/lenses/dist, in that order;
the latter is reserved for the lenses that ship with Augeas, but the former
is the right place to drop user-defined lenses, or overrides of lenses that
ship with it.

David