Personally, I've never come across a case where I needed a post-mortem fact
collection. But, I do tend to write custom types when I need to get things
into the catalog so that may be my particular way of doing things coming
out.

While this could be useful in some cases for reporting, I would very much
like to have the (thread related) ability to add one-off values to the fact
DB from either the master or the client.

Outside of that, a simple method for extending the PuppetDB schema to store
items of interest would be most welcome.

Trevor

Trevor Vaughan
Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
(410) 541-6699