The alternative for spacewalk would be foreman, foreman can do linux
provisioning (bare metal, docker, vms), and can do configurtion managment
and reporting, as well as scalable and was built with the assumption of
distributed data centers. in terms of configuration managment foreman uses
currently puppet 3, and can be used with chef, and Ansible via plugins.